Tuesday, May 8, 2012

technopoetry

I found
a new meaning,
in the verses I write.
They all come straight from my hand,
to the top of my lap,
or the notes of my iPhone,
or the iPad lying flat.
Sometimes a techno-tragedy,
or a bygone comedia
without
Bocaccio,
or Julieta,
just the bytes,
lots of taps
on the keys
on the piano
of a Mac.
My love affair
with the laptop
is of great connotation,
it is a techno-love,
with Madonna
on the headphones
or even some Bach,
that depends on the state
of my mind.
There are birds
singing on twitter,
trending topics
by the meter,
and on Facebook
fake happiness
abounds.
The muses with their
Social interaction
inspire the action
and stanzas are
weaved with a font
that is bold,
underlined,
that is cursive at times,
and expresses the truth
that I hold.
Helvetica,
verdana,
courier,
or arial,
I just type from my head,
and my heart
to the page.
A Techno-poet
I have become,
that speaks like a Jedi
and is green,
not of envy but of hope,
that in these techno-times,
not of discos,
but online,
all the poetry
can still entice
men and women
to love.




No comments:

Post a Comment